La Soufrandise 'Clos Marie' Pouilly Fuisse

£30.00
  • La Soufrandise 'Clos Marie' Pouilly Fuisse
  • La Soufrandise 'Clos Marie' Pouilly Fuisse

La Soufrandise 'Clos Marie' Pouilly Fuisse

£30.00

AVAILABILITY: 1 in stock

Grape Chardonnay
Style Dry, White, Medium Bodied, Fresh, Tropical, Complex and Textured.
Country France
Region Pouilly-Fuisse, Burgundy
Volume 75cl
ABV 13%
Dietary Vegetarian, Vegan

 

The Pouilly-Fuissé 'Clos Marie' has intense aromas of tropical fruits and white flowers, with delicate hints of honeysuckle. A velvety palate of crisp apple and stone fruit is complemented by a vivid acidity on the finish. Pair with creamy chicken and pasta dishes for the perfect meal, or enjoy as an aperitif.

About the Producer

The Melin family have owned Domaine la Soufrandise, which is located in the heart of Fuissé, since the 1850s. When the lease ran out in 1986, Nicolas Melin and his wife Françoise decided to take over the domaine with no previous winemaking or viticulture experience. Nicolas learnt on the job while studying oenology at Dijon on the side. Today Nicolas is the 6th generation of the Melin family to run the estate. His attitude towards biodiversity and meticulous attention to detail, which stem from his background in engineering and forestry, have resulted in a switch to sustainable vineyard management.

Vineyard and Winery

Domaine la Soufrandise is located in the village of Fuissé, in the centre of the Pouilly-Fuissé appellation. ‘Clos Marie’ is a walled single vineyard, located just next to the cellar at an altitude of 250- 270m. The Chardonnay vines are 31-53 years old and produce beautifully concentrated fruit. The vines are Guyot trained and are planted on clay and limestone soils. Nicolas practices sustainable viticulture and a constant effort is made to treat the vineyard with respect in order to obtain an authentic expression of Pouilly-Fuissé.

The grapes were gently pressed using a pneumatic press in order to retain the delicate aromatics and flavours. Fermentation took place using only indigenous yeast at controlled temperatures, where the wine underwent malolactic fermentation. 70% of the wine was then aged in stainless-steel tanks and the remaining 30% in 3-5 year old oak barrels on fine lees, before bottling and release.

Reviews